Welcome to the neighbourhood MONOVA!
MONOVA: Museum of North Vancouver will open its doors to the public on a limited “preview” basis in The Shipyards District on December 4 with admission being FREE on opening day. In addition to being the new home of restored Streetcar 153, decades-long in completion, the Museum includes a powerful new cedar carving of Sch’ich’iyuy (The Two Sisters) by Sḵwx̱wú7mesh carver Wade Baker.
Exhibits in the new permanent gallery include:
• An Indigenous Welcome Circle showcasing
Sḵwxw̱ ú7mesh and Səlí̓ lwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh)
• Touched by Nature, including the Amazing
• The changing face of outdoor recreation
• Connections: Where cultures collide
• Sports: past and present, including Olympic
• Interactive children’s displays
• Women in Wartime
• History of shipbuilding on the North Shore
• History of North Vancouver’s waterfront
• Innovative industries that took shape in North
• The Museum’s Feature Exhibition Gallery will open in early 2022
Find out more at MONOVA.ca