Canada Day is a time to bring our community together to strengthen the ties that unite us while we reflect on our past and look with optimism toward the future.
We’re excited to welcome back Shipyards Live and the Rotary Club of Lions Gate’s Canada Day festivities to the City!
Visit The Shipyards to join in the free, family friendly fun for all.
Cates Deck | 12-3pm
- Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish Nation) and Tsleil-Waututh Nation Welcome and Drumming Ceremony
- Welcome remarks from Mayor Linda Buchanan, Mayor Mike Little, and MP Jonathan Wilkinson
- Live music
St. Roch Dock
- North Vancouver City and District firefighters activity booth
- Cooling station
Burrard Dry Dock Pier
- Live paintings presented by local youth artists
- Public tours of a Canadian Naval Ship
Shipbuilders’ Square | 12-10pm
- Live music, beer garden, and food trucks
- Face painting
- Bee observation hive provided by Main Street Honey Shoppe
- Retro dance party at the Pipe Shop from 5-10pm